I do not consider myself as having an organized Type A personality but after being married to Austin for the past 4 years, I am slowly becoming that way. Austin is as neat and organized as can be and after having Nolan, I needed all the structure and control over my space as I could get. With that, I finally set out to organize the dreaded closet. Austin and I share a closet in our room and it is not big by any means. Maybe someday I will have that walk-in closet or rows and rows of wall space for my shoes, but for right now I had to maximize the space with some girly touches (sorry Austin.) Amazon Prime was my go-to supplier with this project, and I couldn’t be more pleased with the products. They were super inexpensive, great quality, and arrived in 2-3 days.
- Hangers ($25.99 – pack of 50) I was too lazy to take all of my clothing off of their hangers for this picture (see below), but these cute velvet and gold hangers are perfect. They have a no slip grip, are heavy duty, and come in a pack of 50! Having unified hangers really gives your closet a neat and fresh look.
- White and Grey Cubbies ($26.99 – pack of 3). I love how these cubbies looked with my pink bins. Mixing and matching the colors gives the space a brighter and more colorful appearance. These are perfect for folded sweaters or for your crumpled pile of workout clothes (like me.)
- Make-up Organizer ($10.99). Every girl needs some place to organize her daily make-up and perfumes. This clear one was perfect with all of its little cubbies and it was super inexpensive!! I have mine displayed on top of my dresser for easy access in the mornings.
- Jewelry Tree ($16.99). I desperately needed a place to hang all of my statement necklaces and my everyday jewelry. Nolan was getting into all of my things and it was beyond frustrating. This gold jewelry tree holds so many necklaces, rotates for easy access, and fit so nicely onto my top shelf of my closet.
- Pink Cabinet ($18.99) I love this pink cabinet but there are so many colors to choose from. It may be small but it is mighty! It is durable and and can fit all those little knick knacks that are just floating around. I use mine for bracelets, earrings, bobby pins, and small headbands.
- Shoe Rack ($12.99) It all starts with the shoes, am I right? Austin would say I have too many pairs of shoes but I think for a girl, I’m doing alright. All of my flats are stored in a bin but the boots, athletic shoes, and fancier heels stay on a rack underneath my clothing. I love these racks!! They are so easy to put together, they are clean looking, and fit at least 6 pairs of shoes on one. I suppose you could paint them but I left mine with the natural wood showing because it is so pretty.
- Pink Cubbies ($22.99) I picked blush (again) but there are so many color options. I suggest picking a lighter color for your closet to keep the space light and airy. These come in a pack of 6 and have a small handle in the front. These are perfect for shoes, clothing items, even a hairdryer or straightener.
- Gold Bins ($11.15) These are perfect for storing scarves and headbands!! I would suggest picking something somewhat pretty to place in these bins because you don’t want to take away from their rose gold beauty!
- Fluffy Rug ($17.49) Every closet or room needs a little fluffy white rug. It adds a soft, feminine touch and is cozy on the feet! If you like to take pictures, these also serve as a great backdrop for flat lays!
- Ring Holder ($17.99) A cute and perfect little place to drop your rings at the end of the day.
- Laundry Hamper ($23.99) If you are looking for a sturdy but cute laundry basket, look no further! A hamper with big handles is the way to go!!
My Before and After
I am slightly embarrassed to show you the before and how I had this mess here for 7 months is baffling. How did I function? Nevertheless, the finished product is so nice to look at but now to keep it this way!! What you are looking at is basically my side of the closet. Austin’s side is super organized and he is a minimalist with his clothing so basically I’m the one with the problem.